We are currently looking for an Senior consultant to join our Risk Consulting practice in Financial Services, with a focus on European Banking Supervision, Prudential Regulation and Financial Risk Management.
Who are we?
In the fast evolving world of financial services regulation and supervision in Europe, financial institutions need support and advice in how to deal with and manage regulatory change, whilst running their business and managing their risk. The implementation of the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) under the responsibility of the European Central Bank (ECB) has added another dimension to that. The Risk Consulting practice works with our clients in The Netherlands - and across the Eurozone in close collaboration with local PwC colleagues - to provide high quality advice to the financial sector. We help clients to anticipate and understand regulatory and policy change and work with them to make the necessary adjustments to their risk management processes, organization and frameworks, to adequately respond to these changes, and fulfil stakeholders’ expectations. We do this by developing relationships, knowledge and skills, all with the aim to help our clients with the challenges they face. The Risk Consulting practice in Financial Services is a growing part of our business.
How does your job look like?
As Senior Consultant Financial Risk Management in our Risk Consulting practice you will be spending a large portion of your time in appealing (Dutch and international) financial institutions, working in multinational PwC teams. You will be part of teams that help our clients realize their strategy and deal with risk management challenges, new regulations and increasing supervisory requirements. You will identify, analyse and solve important client problems, realising solutions, and working in joint PwC-client delivery teams, in challenging circumstances. Your projects are likely to focus on subjects like quantitative risk modelling, stress testing and capital planning, liquidity and funding, recovery and resolution planning, risk appetite frameworks, and risk data and reporting.
Besides the direct work for our clients, you contribute to business development and PwC thought leadership in your field of expertise. You build a network within PwC and gain experience in the various disciplines of our services. You continually develop your expertise and consulting skills, and you grow as a professional.
Who are you?
You are an ambitious and dedicated high potential who will help us deliver on the firm’s significant growth plans. With your help, we aim to continue to build a team that is known in the market as the best in class risk and regulatory consulting team, interacting with the major players in the industry and playing a key role in the services we offer to our clients.
The ideal candidate would have demonstrable experience in financial risk management in banking, prudential regulation with particular focus on CRD IV/Basel III, EBA standards and the ECB’s approach to supervision under the SSM. Furthermore:
- You have an academic degree (master's degree), for example in the field of Economics, (European) Law, Finance, Business Administration, Econometrics, Mathematics or Physics, or another quantitative field;
- You have 3-7 years working experience in the financial services industry, in a consulting firm working with clients in the financial services industry, a Law Firm or have worked for the Banking Supervisory Authority or (European or national) Regulatory Body;
- You have demonstrable deep technical expertise of financial risk management in banks (capital, liquidity, credit and market risk, stress testing, internal risk models, data management and risk reporting);
- You have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of prudential banking regulation and European banking supervision, and of how the new regulation and the SSM may impact our banking clients;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in English and preferably in Dutch. An additional language is an advantage. You enjoy to work in an international context;
- Ability to make new contacts, build strong relationships with clients, our international network, and regulators, listen to and understand client needs and interpret this into new opportunities to assist them.
What do we offer you?
If you’re going to work at PwC, you'll be assured of a variety of clients, inspiring colleagues and great working conditions which have been set up with your growth and your ability to work and live flexibly, in mind.
And there’s more:
- you’ll get great training opportunities;
- you’ll be part of an international consulting firm;
- both the primary and the secondary employment conditions are first-rate, with a partially non-contributory pension, 32 vacation days and a leased car, to name but a few of the perks.
Interested? And do you meet all the job requirements? Take a look here at our application procedure or apply directly. We’ll get back to you within two weeks about your progress.
Questions about this vacancy? Feel free to call or e-mail me.
We do not appreciate acquisition with regard to this vacancy.